EPPING HEIGHTS PUBLIC SCHOOL P&C Association
The Epping Heights Parents & Citizens Association (EHPS P&C) is a group of parent volunteers, teachers and other community members who are committed to working together to achieve the best possible learning environment for the children at Epping Heights Public School.
What does EHPS P&C do?
The aim of EHPS P&C is to:
- Promote the interests of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation; and
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and in promoting the recreation and welfare of the school.
Some of the ways EHPS P&C achieve this is by:
- Fundraising for school facilities and equipment (including learning resources for the classrooms, bubblers in the playground, shade structures and the creative play zone at the back oval)
- Operating the uniform shop
- Overseeing the band committee
- Organising school grounds working bees
If you would like to read more about the EHPS P&C you can find our constitution and by-laws here.
Who can join EHPS P&C?
Any parent or carer of a student at Epping Heights Public School, or any citizen within the school community can become a member of the EHPS P&C.
Why should I join the EHPS P&C?
The EHPS P&C is the most direct way you can contribute positively to your child(ren)'s education experience.
Once you are a member, there are many ways you can be involved. You can:
- Hold a position in the executive or sub-committees
- Attend the monthly meetings
- Read the monthly minutes
- Volunteer at P&C run events
- Be a part of the sub-committees
- Assist in the uniform shop
You will also be added onto the EHPS P&C mailing list and will be kept up to date with what is happening at the school. Being a member entitles you to raise and vote on important issues at the monthly meetings.
All EHPS P&C members are covered by Epping Heights Public School P&C Personal Accident Insurance while volunteering for P&C events (e.g. fundraising events and grounds working bees).
The effectiveness of EHPS P&C is greatly increased by the number of members in the P&C. Being part of the EHPS P&C is a great opportunity to engage with others in the Epping Heights community.
How do I join the EHPS P&C?
The annual cost of EHPS P&C membership is $1.10
You can join through the Qkr! app where you will register your membership details and pay your annual fee (note that membership needs to be renewed each year).
When is the next EHPS P&C meeting?
The EHPS P&C generally meets on the second Tuesday of each month (except during school holidays). Notice of upcoming P&C meetings can be found in the weekly school newsletter. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Annual General Meeting is held in November.
Minutes of previous meetings can be found here.
Any more questions?
If you would like to get in touch with the EHPS P&C with questions, comments or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 2021 EHPS P&C Executive Committee is:
Pedram Mojarrad – President
Warwick Tsang – Vice President
Flora Miao – Treasurer
Monica Seto – Secretary